Thursday, January 13, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 22

#22 - Favorite City 

Toulon, France: 
Town and port, capital of Var département, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur région, southeastern France. It is France’s principal naval base and has an arsenal, the most important of the Mediterranean drydocks, and shipbuilding yards. Toulon’s fine bay opens to the east. The most sheltered part, the Petite Rade and the Darse Vieille, in the west, is largely under control of the French Navy, with a well-protected anchorage. The Grande Rade, to the east, is easier of access. The Faron Mountains form an imposing backdrop to the town.
I stayed in this town during my visit to Europe in 2006.   I did a "homestay" with a lady named Miti.  She was very welcoming and easygoing. I had a great time during my stay and fell in love with the town.  








<3 LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment