Thursday, January 27, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. SNOW

The snow and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love the snow when I am in my house with nowhere to go.  I think it is very pretty and it makes me happy.  On the other hand, when I have to go to work and shovel said snow from gas pumps and parking lots and porches, we become quick enemies!  I rather enjoyed the snow yesterday when I had off work and was able to have a nice movie/book day.  Today, however, the snow and I are not too fond of each other.  The great thing about my current store is that I have a manager who is willing to be right there with me shoveling, making it a little more fun! Thanks Tawnya! 


2. MY SEMESTER OFF

At the end of my last semester in school I decided to take this spring semester off.  I was wondering for a while if it was a good decision; today I decided that it was.  I decided to change my major to Health and Fitness which meant that I was going to need to switch schools.  Since this school was not listed on my FAFSA I would not get financial aid at all for this semester. So, financially this was a great decision.  Also, I am moving out of my house into a new one and it is a little stressful and I will be worried about bills and such a lot more now, taking the semester off will relieve some of that stress.  Once I am settled in an comfortable with my financial situation, I will be much better off as far as school goes. 

3. FITNESS GOALS

One of my closest friends, Vicky is getting married on June 18th!!! This means that my butt needs to get in shape to look good in a bridesmaids dress!  So far I have been OK about getting to the gym.  This snow is making it a little harder (hate), however the digging is still giving me some exercise (love).  My plan to get into shape is to go to the gym 5/6 days per week doing cardio 4 days per week and weights 5/6 days per week.  This is what I did while I was at school at James Madison U and I was in the best shape of my life at that point.   I am hoping *fingers crossed* that I can keep this up until the big day! At some point I will be posting my workout plan on this blog I just haven't decided how yet.  I also plan to do a fitness update every saturday with my weeks accomplishments listed.  I am hoping that by doing this, I stay on top of my workouts. 


Congrats Vicky and Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment