Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cooking and Gardening

When I was growing up my parents really never taught me basic stuff like laundry, cooking, gardening ect.  I have basically had to learn to do all of that on my own.  As I look at people's blogs I notice that a lot of people are cooking their way through a cookbook.  I think this is a great idea!! It gives you the opportunity to try new things and have fun!  I am a very picky eater and I am trying to start eating more foods.  But since I am picky, I picked up a cookbook called "Kid Favorites Made Healthy" by Better Homes and Gardens.  It has basic foods as well as foods I would usually turn my nose up at, so I though it would be a good start.  That and I'm not good at cooking so this would be an easy way to learn.  I will be posting a page with all the recipes on it and each time I complete one, I will link it to the blog post!


I have also always wanted to learn how to garden!  Lucky me, my boyfriend grew up on farms and worked on them throughout his life.  So, come mid-April he is going to teach me about plants and gardening.  We have plenty of room to grow stuff in our front and back yards.  I really want to learn how to grow strawberry's, and it looks like the old owners have it set up in the back already!!!  I am super excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment